Tuesday 31 July 2012

Things To Do On A Rainy Day In Diss

It's raining.   Cats and Dogs  (More Cats than Dogs!)

Garden looks lovely with the liquid sunshine!
And I'm wondering what to do.

I've discovered that I really don't like getting my feet wet, so I started the day with a pee on the kitchen floor.   Mum wasn't very happy since I've got the hang of going outside to toilet.

So, with liquid sunshine pouring down giving the garden and flowers a well earned drink, I thought I'd tell you about some of my favourite indoor doggie games



KONG WOBBLER

I call it my Wobbly Womble (Dad, wanted to call me Womble, but I'm glad I'm called Bluffy (Blue Fee)

It's a food dispensing toy and provides hours of endless fun 'cos it's filled with treats!

I love this boredom buster cos it always want's to right itself no matter the position I put it in.  If I'm lucky, treats spill out which Mum says is my reward for my hard work.  Phfff!  Easy Peesy!

THE MUFFIN TIN GAME

Mum uses her 12 case muffin tin and places treats (chicken's my favourite) in about 6 of them.   She then covers 3 of the muffin cups with lightweight tennis balls and my job is to find them.

The trick is that I can find the uncovered treats so easily that it doesn't take me much to work out that there are more hidden under the tennis balls, which I can knock away to get the goodies!

There's another version that you could try at home too.

I think it's a complete hoot when Mum smacks the muffin tin to send all the balls and treats flying!   Just make sure there are no breakables!!



THE POLYSTYRENE CUP GAME

Mum uses 3 polystyrene cups and places a treat under 2 of them.   She lets me watch which cup they go under.  My job is to knock them over to retrieve the treat.

A more advanced version is to move the cups around once the treats are underneath.  I really have to use my nose to sniff out the chicken!

PARTY HARD TILL YOU DROP

This is a famous game first developed by the trainer September Morn, called "Go Wild And Freeze".

Basically, Mum starts dancing around and acts excited until I join the party too.

Once I do, Mum suddenly stops moving and asks me to 'sit' or 'down' or another behaviour I know well.   The moment I do it, Mum starts partying again and I join in.  My reward for demonstrating the 'sit' or 'down' is that I'm invited to the party again!

Cor, keeps you fit!!

These are just a few of the games we've played whilst the rain tumbles down.  It tired me out so much that I had a lovely sleep whilst Mum cycled off to give a very nice lady her first bicycle and road-craft lesson.   What a cycle diva! 

Back to demolishing my Bully stick........


Yum Yum!


HP3

No comments:

Post a Comment