Thursday 2 August 2012

Shmuzing With Ladies, Snoozing With Cats

Lovely day here in Diss.

I've just got back from a mini adventure.   Mum is on a Committee for our local Day Care Centre for Elderly folk, which sadly is soon to close, cos of lack of money.

Mum had to attend a meeting there this morning and she took me along too.   She'd also baked a cake to take with us for those lovely folk to enjoy with afternoon tea.

It was a bit overwhelming at first, but I very soon got to know all the old folk and even met my first doggie!

For some reason, Mum held up my rear for this lovely Black Labrador to sniff.  I think this is how we doggies greet and get to know each other.  Good job you'd given me a lick and a polish before we went, Mum!

Then I met, Sylvia, Robert, Bob, Doreen, Violet, Ruth and had a lovely cuddle from Freda, a lady who sadly can't see, but she soon got to know me well by touching and feeling me all over.   I was really made up when she said that I'd made her day.   It really doesn't take much to make someone else's life a little better, does it?

Mum promised to take me in to see them in a couple of weeks time, when my quarantine period ends.   This means I'll be able to walk in on my own without being carried in my lovely basket.

Mum is planning to hold a MacMillan Big Coffee Morning on 28th September and promised to bake some cakes and take them along to the Day Centre so those nice folk can join in too.

What else have I got to tell you?    Oh yes, this is a first.  Hugo the Pussy Cat and I asleep together on the bed!   Wow, how cool is that?

Wot der yer reckon mate? Should we get up?


HP3

No comments:

Post a Comment