Thursday 9 August 2012

Mist, Spiders and Autumnal Mornings


Mum's getting the garden monster out today cos the weather is set to be glorious.

We're in early August, yet the mornings here have a definite autumnal feeling.   Mist and spiders webs galore!
Female Fen Raft Spider
Redgrave and Lopham Fen

Here's something you might not know.

Where I live is famous for the Fen Raft Spider, one of the largest in Britain.   

It's an endangered species but recently, many baby spiders were released at Redgrave and Lopham Fen, only a short walk from my home.

Now, early this morning, Mum and I walked the garden to say hello to all the flowers when we noticed some gorgeous lacy webs decorating the high hanging baskets.

Mum couldn't resist snapping a photo to capture their beauty.  I just hope that they weren't made by the Fen Raft Spider!  Dad does too as he's not too over keen on these arachnoids!



PS: Don't forget you can see all my photos here

HP3

No comments:

Post a Comment